Executing the following in DevOps Competency context:
- Transformation from traditional hardware / software development to AWS Cloud-based Infrastructure as Code.
- Business transformation in addition to technical process transformation.
- Leveraging on DevOps-related AWS Services and toolsets to deliver business value with greater availability, reliability and reduced cost.
- Simplify and standardize the client build and deployment process to reduce deployment downtime, manual process and human errors.
The client is a Global Bank which is part of an international banking group, with over 100 years of history in the world’s most dynamic markets.
- Unpredictable deployment downtime.
- Deployment procedure is not standardized.
- Non-auditable deployment process.
- Current manual process resulted in high rate of human error.
- GrowthOps delivered a simplified and standardized deployment process to the client.
- AWS ECS is used for managing its containers and application workloads.
- Besides that, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodeDeploy are used to automate continuous delivery pipeline. AWS CodeBuild is used to build the docker file and to push the image to Amazon Image Registry whereas AWS CodeDeploy is used to deploy the latest code to Amazon Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- With a standardized deployment process in place, this has resulted in low deployment downtime and low roll back rate with minimal human error.
- EXPEDITED DEPLOYMENT PROCESSES AND GUARANTEED MEASURABLE QUALITY:
- The client is able to deploy its codes within minutes without compromising code quality.
- STANDARDIZED DEPLOYMENT PROCESS
- A proper build and deployment process in place that led to an increase in efficiency which reduced deployment downtime, deployment rollback rate and human error.
- BETTER AUDIT TRAIL
- With the implementation of a source code control, the client is able to track on the various changes made to every iteration of the code which will lead to better audit process.