PROTON Campaigns during Covid-19
- Marcomm Strategy
- Campaign Planning & Execution
- UI/UX Design
- Lead Agency Role
PROTON is Malaysia’s national car company. It has 16.7% market share, and sold over 100,000 units in 2019. In December 2019, PROTON registered its highest sales of the year, growing 112% over the corresponding month in 2018.
>9,000 units from April to July 2020(Equivalent to 1 month’s sales volume)
- Monthly unique visitors: +19.5%
- Unique page views: +19.5%
- Lead gen: +53%
Sales advisors are able to use our PSA ads and car tips to subtly approach their customers.
Malaysia’s nationwide Covid-19 lockdown was implemented abruptly in February 2020, disrupting PROTON’s entire 2020 marketing and marketing communication plans and posing a real threat to its good sales momentum.
Critically, customers would not be able to visit showrooms to complete a key step in the vehicle purchase journey.
Worse, the lockdown was expected to continue through Eid Festival, the most important season for automotive sales in Malaysia while the client’s budget was cut to a bare minimum.
We immediately developed and implemented a new online-offline and network marketing strategy to secure potential sales leads.
- PSA (Public Service Announcement) Content Marketing: Keeping PROTON and its dealership top-of-mind during the sales halt, featuring vehicle-related educational content
- Website: Optimised for lead-gen and supported by a re-introduced online booking functionality
- Incentives: We designed an online booking contest with big cash prizes an incentive to purchase
Our quick reaction helped sustain PROTON’s sales momentum, and allowed it to subsequently overtake a competitor to become the No. 2 automaker in Malaysia in terms of sales.
PROTON also recorded their highest monthly sales in 8 years in July 2020.