PROTON X70 Launch
- Marcomm Strategy
- Product Launch Planning & Execution
- UI/UX Design
- Lead Agency Role
PROTON is Malaysia’s national car company. It has 16.7% market share, and sold over 100,000 units in 2019. In December 2019, PROTON registered its highest sales of the year, growing 112% over the corresponding month in 2018.
- 4.9M impressions across all digital touchpoints. Delivering a total of 172,857 unique clicks; converted into 13,672 clean leads.
- 190k page visits on the 2020 PROTON X70’s voice-activated product webpage. Time spent on page increased by 55%.
- 142,000 live viewers during the product online launch from Facebook and YouTube. The launch event was shared over 1,200 times witha fully-engaged audience.
- 6,000 bookings in just 17 days; hitting 200% of KPI. 10% bookings captured from online booking portal.
The PROTON X70 is an affordable premium mid-sized SUV and the flagship model of PROTON.
After a successful launch in 2018, PROTON was ready to return with a new and improved 2020 PROTON X70 – now equipped with more intelligent features and functions. However, all plans had to be put on hold with the threat of COVID-19 pandemic forcing many of its holding partners into lockdown in China. We needed to:
- Amplify PROTON’s commitment to create intelligent solutions
- Launch the car and secure bookings without an on-ground event/roadshow
We rapidly pivoted our original launch campaign to create Malaysia’s inaugural digital-first vehicle launch campaign. Working together with PROTON’s marketing department and leading partner agencies, we revised our roll-out plan to include:
- A live-streamed launch event on Facebook and YouTube
- A voice-activated webpage to highlight PROTON’s voice command feature “HI PROTON”
- A direct-to-manufacturer online booking portal with bank integration
- QR-enabled print ads to drive traffic to the website
The success of 2020 PROTON X70 surpassed the milestones of the first launch; achieving 2X forecasted bookings within the first 2 weeks.
The month of the launch in February 2020 saw the Total Industry Volume (TIV) shrink compared to January. Despite this, we were able to help maintain sales growth during this time and bring PROTON’s market share to its highest point in 77 months.